1 active filter:
- , ,
- Long The masculine person, shown from the torso up, is wearing a vertically striped button-down shirt, a herringbone vest, and a dark tie. The subject takes up the majority of the image, with their shoulders extending to either of the vertical edges. The two superimposed faces, slightly overlapping, have a similarly stoic expression. Both of the faces have heavy, dark eyebrows, a wide rounded nose, a closed, expressionless mouth, and are crowned by a dark, curly afro hair style. The upper left and bottom corners all appear lighter in tone, as if overexposed. Surrounding the figure are lush, palm-like plant fronds, both in the background and foreground. Some of the fronds obscure the person's shoulders on both sides of the image.
- , ,
- Long Six ceramic pieces shaped like bowls and pots are stacked on top of one another like a totem pole. Each pot has a different texture with paint that bleeds down to rough textures. The pigments from the top down are gray, red, yellow/blue, gray, gold/black, yellow/crimson/black, and black with gold accents. Each pot gets smaller as it goes to the top. Each pot also rests on a flat circular base separating it from the next level. The pots are balanced on a rod that ends in a circular piece of aqua blue textured ceramic while sitting on a large, black, square base with triangular and circular accented shapes going around the trim.
- , ,
- Long The composition centers on gray and light blue form which takes up much of the surface of a rectangular, portrait-oriented canvas. The wave-like blue paint is the topmost layer of a succession of mostly earth tone markings. Many layers of the paint run in drip formations at the edges. The direction of the drips is not consistent throughout the composition: rather the canvas appears to have been moved while the painting was in process, giving the painting a dynamic impression.
- On view, ,
- Long Hanging from two barely visible hooks on a white wall is what appears to be a very thin translucent grey fabric in the form of a cardigan. The garment has sleeves, with its open side facing the wall. Upon closer inspection, one realizes that the fabric is made of hundreds, if not thousands, of sewing needles held to one another with a barely visible white silk thread. The artwork gives the initial impression of being a simple fabric but as the viewer realizes that the piece is meticulously made of so many sharp and hard pieces, the illusion of soft folds become more impressive. The fabric looks weightless, like a ghost fabric.
- , ,
- Long This is a photograph of a grey fabric object that appears made from cotton. The upper part of the fabric is cut in an uneven fashion, cut lower on the right than on the left. The bottom half of the object is evenly hemmed in the way of a sweatshirt sleeve. The fabric appears to be wet or stained, mostly of the left half of the textile.
- , ,
- Long A symmetrical geometric pattern of white lines is formed on a red canvas. In descending order of size, moving toward the center of the image, are a square, a circle, a diamond, a thin square, and a circle. An "x" and a "+" bifurcate each of these shapes. The lines and shapes appear to be hand-drawn due to their slight imperfections. Barely visible darker lines expand the pattern into greater detail.
- , ,
- Long Text on yellowed paper in a typewriter appears to be a dialogue between two people, as it alternates between red and black text. Some of the dialogue is out of the view. The visible text reads, "I won't answer." " . . . ans no. Where are you?" "I am home." " . . . miss me?" At this point, the response is obscured by the typewriter. The text continues, " . . . you miss the most?" "No answer. I do."