Advance tickets for Tuesdays on the Terrace have been claimed. Walk-up tickets are available at the back gate one hour before the program on a first-come, first-served basis. See the MCA's waiting list policy for more details.
Experience the museum’s signature jazz program, with safe social distancing every Tuesday, from June 1 to August 31 at 5:30 pm.
Summer Tuesdays come alive on the MCA’s Anne and John Kern Terrace Garden with free music highlighting artists from Chicago’s internationally renowned jazz community. Enjoy two sets of live music beginning at 5:30 pm hosted by Al Carter-Bey, WDCB 90.9 FM and Richton Guy Thomas, WHPK 88.5 FM, in a safe, socially distant outdoor environment. Free tickets must be reserved in advance.
Food and beverage are available for purchase on the upper terrace. Options on Tuesdays include light refreshments and a full bar with cold beverages, wine, and cocktails. Outside alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- June 1: Alexis Lombre’s Ancestral Awakenings
- June 8: Thaddeus Tukes and the Chicago Freedom Ensemble
- June 15: Victor Garcia Quartet
- June 22: Chuck Webb’s Guru Tonic
- June 29: Edwin Sanchez and Papo Santiago co-organized with the Segundo Ruiz Belvis Cultural Center
- July 6: Twin Talk (Katie Ernst, Dustin Laurenzi, and Andrew Green)
- July 13: Junius Paul / Tomeka Reid Duo
- July 20: The Fred Anderson Legacy Band featuring Tatsu Aoki
- July 27: Ethan Philion Quartet
- August 3: Sharel Cassity
- August 10: Greg Artry Quartet
- August 17: Maggie Brown
- August 24: Mwata Bowden’s One Foot In, One Foot Out
- August 31: Alexander McLean Project
WDCB 90.9 is the official media sponsor of Tuesdays on the Terrace.
Tuesdays on the Terrace is made possible in part by a generous gift from Luminarts Cultural Foundation, supported by Cherilyn Murer.